Launch: June 16, 2002
Website Admin: COA Network, Piscataway, New Jersey, USA
Coastal Vacations sells travel and travel discount packages that provide discounted access to third party travel services. It is not a seller of travel. In addition, CV assists its members in creating income through commissions paid for the recruiting of new members to CV (who in turn, if they too want more than discounted access to third party travel services will recruit other members).
I Thought They Were No More
Given the nature of the internet, where stories can seem as current as morning coffee, you really have to search to find the calendar date of the contents you read. There are active Coastal Vacations associates and directors promoting the Coastal Vacations system right now (July, 2015). Some have the mistaken idea that Coastal Vacations is no longer with us.
Despite the scathing statements of public news sources, former Coastal Vacations members, and self-appointed investigators of potential scammers, it is true that Coastal Vacations continues. I mean look, you’re reading this for some reason, right?
What’s Current (July, 2015)
Coastal Vacations can be found at several internet locations. Among the most informative are:
There certainly are those sites often referred to and relied upon in bygone times, that are no longer accessible, such as CoastalVacationsNews.com (not functioning)
Coastal Vacations, to quote their own material is “nothing more than an association of Directors. All the decisions for Coastal Vacations are made by the Board of Directors.” Members who complete 100 sales and who have attended a Level 2 Event can be invited to serve on the Board of Directors. It remains unclear how an invitation is secured.
- The Board of Directors ensure that the product and the participating vendors related to Coastal Vacations meet the very high standards of Coastal Vacations.
- Al Romaine: was listed (Sept 27, 2010) in at least one source as the owner of both NB Management and Coastal Vacations. At the time, NB Management was a Florida based company providing shipping with regard to Coastal Vacations transactions.
- Stephanie Johnson: was (January 10, 2008) identified as a CV Board Director and Worldwide Product Director. More specifically a Level 3 Platinum Director with Coastal Vacations, marketing the International Travel Packages worldwide, and host of her own team conference calls.
The Coastal Vacations experience seems to be held together by a few interrelated tools and systemic communication among the players. These interrelated tools seem to include:
- www.officialcoastaltraining.com is an informative source for members, associates and directors to learn and sustain the Coastal Vacations offer.
- www.coastaltravelpackage.com is a replicable website to share the presentation to potential members and to conduct business.
- Monday Director Calls: provide interviews with successful directors.
- COA Network services: is offered as a means for CV members to submit testimonials to the shipping center and other communication for functionality.
- FocalPoint Systems: In the footer of most Coastal Vacation webpages is a reference “Powered by FocalPoint.” FocalPoint is a “replicated site and automated marketing system” owned by COA Network.
- Participating Directors offer, contacts and encouragement.
Most often repeated statements by CV supporters are:
- “Coastal Vacations is NOT a seller of Travel and therefore is not licensed to sell travel. Coastal sells Travel and Travel Related Discount Packages that provide discounted access to many travel and travel related companies.”
- Coastal Vacations is an association, not a company
- When evaluating Coastal Vacations be sure you are not confused with merely vacations taken on the coast.
- You may see bad reports of an individual CV business owner, but not so of the CV product.
- Coastal Vacations is not a scam
- Coastal Vacations is not MLM, a Franchise, a Timeshare or a Travel Agency. It is a Direct Marketing opportunity.
Publicly available information can help to discover the CV resources to setup a primary replicable presentation of Coastal Vacations (thanks to FocalPoint). Despite the particular adaptation of names (as always happens with home based MLM travel) in order to “brand” a customized web presence, using a primary replicable presentation is what helps to hold together a consistent Coastal Vacations presentation across the web. When a friend or the friend-of-a-friend directs you to their offer, it seems substantial and informative.
In addition, using a primary replicable presentation makes it possible in just a few hours of “copy and paste” links and content, anyone can create a web presence that gives the appearance of authority and longevity almost instantaneously. It’s a feature of the internet that can be amazing and dangerous.
Coastal Vacations memberships are considered lifetime memberships with an optional annual renewal fee of $89.95 applied to membership cards only (these cards expire unless renewed, but the Coastal Vacation relationship is lifetime). The concept is that members are able to pay wholesale prices rather than retail prices for all their travel needs and many entertainment needs, both local and international.
In most travel and entertainment situations the member gains access to discounted cost by contacting the Coastal Vacations listed travel or entertainment service, using a Coastal Vacations membership code and securing a service code or certificate at a reduced charge. Some travel packages are prearranged and other arrangements can be customized to the choices of the member secures their travel plans.
Coastal Vacation memberships vary in cost and in privileges per level.
- The Coastal Vacations Level I discount travel membership package (considered the Resort Vacation Package) provides a minimum of twenty-five membership cards and a minimum of 24 vacation bonuses (customizable, but pre-set travel packages) inclusive of hotels, condos, restaurants, vehicle rentals, RV hookups, recreation, airfares, cruises, and theme parks. A value CV sets at over $15,000.
- The Coastal Vacations Level 2 discount travel membership package (considered the International Vacation Package) provides all that the Level 1 package provides with hundreds of interanational vacations and unlimited cruises as well as a discounted ticket to one of CV’s training seminars. A value set by Coastal Vacations above $20,000.
- The Coastal Vacations Level 3 discount travel membership package (considered the Universal Vacation Package) with thousands of vacations and hundreds of 5,6, or 7 day cruises and a discount ticket to one CV training seminar.
The contents of each membership level is best determined by visiting directly with the Coastal Vacations websites above or with a recognized Coastal Vacations associate or director. There is a $25 shipping cost to each membership package received.
A presentation is provided by a Coastal Vacations member as a CV associate or CV director.
The prospective member can choose to join at one of three levels of enrollment. Each is an upfront cost of:
- $1,295 LEVEL 1
- $3,500 LEVEL 2
- $7,500 LEVEL 3
Financing and payment plan options can be discussed with Coastal Vacations representatives.
During the initial purchase these three member levels can be purchased at discounted rates by bundling two or more.
- $3995 The Premier Package is a combination of membership LEVEL 1 and membership LEVEL 2. This is a savings of $800 off the combined cost of each level if purchased separately.
- $11,000 The Platinum Package is a combination of all three membership levels (LEVEL 1, LEVEL 2, and LEVEL 3). This is a savings of $1,295 off the combined cost of all three levels if purchased separately. The encouragement is you save the entire cost of a LEVEL 1 membership if you purchase the Platinum rather than the Premier package.
Coastal Vacations travel services provided to their members are not to be individually re-sold. Membership cards issued in the name of the member are not transferable, but individual vacation and airline discounts are transferable as a gift or donation.
That being said, then the compensation plan is based upon the membership costs of incoming Coastal Vacation members as recruited by existing members.
The compensation plan used by Coastal Vacations is commonly referred to as a “two up” or “pass up” plan. In today’s speak it is called the “Australian Two Up.” (although there are plenty of people in Australia that don’t like it).
In brief, a “two up” plan means the first two new members enrolled by an existing member are credited to the existing member’s upline. Existing member A, recruits new member B and new member C. Existing member A “passes up” to the one who enlisted member A all the commission due for both new members B and C.
There are three levels within the Coastal Vacations compensation plan corresponding to the three membership levels when a person joins. A new member receives commission equal to or below the membership level held by the member. A new member is encouraged to purchase at the highest level possible in order to receive corresponding commissions, and must pass up the first two commissions the new member recruits at that level or lower. All commissions after the first two will come directly to the member who recruits.
The commissions per each level are:
$1,000 LEVEL 1
$3,200 LEVEL 2 (package purchase)
$9,705 LEVEL 3 (package purchase)
Once the first two commissions are passed up, the good news is that each new member recruited after the first two will pay their commission up line as well.
Cautions and Concerns:
- Is it possible to say this is not a MLM business? In the absence of a retail product (buy low or make yourself, sell high) the primary source for compensation comes from membership purchases.
- Though staggering in the display of the contents in each membership package, a fair question to ask is does the new member want to take all the necessary qualifying steps (member number, discount codes, contact the travel service, etc.) and, with that much action passed to the new member, could they have acquired very competitive discounts all on their own?
- The “two up” plan is easy to describe, but seems to be a real challenge in application. You recruit a member and if they make 3 sales, by the 3rd sale they are a competitor, not a team member.
- In a “two up” plan, there is very little mentorship sustained passed the first two sales.
- Online searches can dredge up troubling Coastal Vacations questions that are not easily answered from third party sources.
There Is A BETTER WAY!
You’ve been interested enough to read this far. Are you sure you have all the information you need to make a fair decision about this?
I’ve learned a better way because I’m the type person that looks twice before I leap and one look is to make sure I have a parachute for the jump, not just how far I might fall.
I listened to Brad in the video up top. It’s a work in progress, but I’m getting the results I want. How about you? Listen to Brad.